Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Lord over All

"I lift up my eyes to the hills; from where is my help to come?" (Psalm 121:1)
I have to thank God for my mom.  She helps me through everything.  She was my strongest supporter for my coming out, and she remains my strongest supporter.  As such, she also offers to help me out in every way possible.  However, many times, I refuse her help.  I feel like by turning away from my resources I will become a better person.  However, she insists.  In the same way, Jesus is always willing to help us.  When approached by a messenger from a centurion, a very powerful member of Jewish society at the time, Jesus did not hesitate.  Jesus just went to help.  When He arrived at the house, the centurion declared Jesus' sovereignty.  In the end, Jesus healed the centurion's ailing slave.  Sometimes we all put on a mask of strength before God, despite the fact that there will never be any help from anywhere or anyone else.  We'd prefer to stumble and fall, yet Jesus is always there, ready to pick us back up, for He is the sovereign Lord over all.

No comments:

Post a Comment