Monday, January 25, 2016

Day 025: The Journey

So Joseph said to them, "Do not be afraid, for I belong to God.  But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive."  Genesis 50:19-20
Perhaps it is just because of reading stories like this, but I do like to live my life by looking for the reasoning behind all the things that happen.  I like to think about what people mean, especially those who have fallen away from my life or those whom I have removed.

Growing up, I have been taught many times that God has a plan for my life, and I won't always understand it, but I need to maintain my faith.  As I have grown up, I have learned that all of this is very true.  God is taking us in so many directions, but we need to remain faithful to the fact that God is walking with us every step of the way.

The best part of this, though, is that God will show us so many new and different things that we'd never imagined.  Many times, God shows us things we had pushed away.  God brings us new foods that we had pushed away as children.  God brings us new music we had covered our ears from.  God brings us new pictures that we had torn up and burned on our own time.

Let's take the time to listen to God and to be receptive to all of the new and glorious things God has for us.  Let us pause to look all around us, to absorb our new environment rather than barreling through and trampling the delicate plants along the way.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment