Sunday, March 27, 2016

Day 086: Willingness

Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality.  But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him."  Acts 10:34-35
Hallelujah! Christ is risen today!

We are called to proclaim this miracle loud and clear to everyone who will hear it.  We must follow Peter's example, which is to proclaim the Gospel from our own witness of Jesus.  We all have witnessed Jesus, and it's time for us to proclaim him.  For Jesus has broken down all the barriers to our faith.  Jesus has come down from heaven to preach to us, gone down into the depths in order to liberate the souls of the deceased, and has broken the barriers of language through his teaching.

Jesus has commanded us to go out and proclaim the Good News.  And why not?  Time and time again I get the question, "How can you remain so calm?"  My only answer that wells up from my heart is that Jesus is taking care of me.  Jesus is the one who has guided me through my life so that I can become a better person.  I am by no means perfect, but I pray every day that my life might become one that will bring me closer to all of those people around me.

God has spoken to each one of us.  It is now up to us whether to receive the Good News.  God has used each one of us as loud speakers so that others can witness God.  Jesus is teaching us every day through the scriptures and through our communities.  We all have been called to the communion table with Jesus.  We all have the great opportunity to live a life with Jesus.  All we need to do is accept him.  Accepting Jesus is not just a one time thing, though.  So many children go to school every day, but not all of them learn.  They have heard what they need to hear, but it is always up to them whether to apply what they learn.  They have to practice what they learn in order to maintain their newly learned skills.  In the same way, Jesus is constantly teaching us, so that we might be able to have willing spirits and willing bodies.

Use the Easter season to proclaim the Good News in every way possible.  Live out your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment